Monday, July 18, 2011

Saturday Six – Books and Movies

1. What’s the last movie you waited in a long line to see?

Star Wars Episode III. I knew this was going to be my last chance to see the premiere of a Star Wars film. So I did the whole nine yards, dressed up as Obi-Wan and waited in line for the midnight show.

2. What’s the biggest movie you’ve been excited about seeing before the premiere?

Star Wars Episode I. It has been 20 years since the last Star Wars movie came out. I waited in line for about 4 hours for tickets.

3. Do you watch more movies in the theater or on DVD?

Option C none of the above. These days we watch most of our movies by streaming them through NetFlix.

4. Which do you prefer to do: watch a movie or read a book if both are based on the same story?

That’s really tough. Both formats have their advantages, and I can’t think of any story that I’ve experienced both ways, although I am looking forward to Blue Like Jazz. I read the book and I’m curious to see how it translate to a movie.

5. How often have you found that the book really is better than the movie?

The only movie I can think of at the moment would be Passion of the Christ, in which case, the book is definitely better. It is always tricky when you switch from one medium to another. Some stories transition well, others, not so well.

6. Take the quiz: Are You a Book or a Movie?

Apparently, I’m a book. Who knew?

No comments: