Thursday, March 17, 2011

Obligatory Introductory Post

As this is my required first post, and it is impossible to have a second post until you have a first post, I should tell you what this new blog is about. Most of you reading this will have come from my previously blog, Honors Code, where I discussed my obsession with the online Massively Multi player Game called World of Warcraft. I should tell you upfront there will be very little discussion of that game on this blog. I received several comments from readers when I closed that blog asking me to inform them if I started up a new blog.

This blog is going to focus on my new journey from writer to (hopefully) published author. We are going to talk about the projects I’m working on, the struggles I’m having, and the things I’m learning. We are also going to have the occasional post on current events, and philosophy/religion/politics. This blog will also house my participation in an ongoing meme from my friend Patrick which you will see this weekend. I’m giving myself permission to talk about just about anything that I happen to have on my mind. There, you have been warned.

Do not expect daily posts. The goal is two a week. We shall see how well I accomplish that goal.

I had debated in my head if I should hold off on starting this blog. I am years and many, many thousands of words away from my work being at the level of ‘publishable’. However, I was reading Nathan Bradsbury’s excellent post “There’s No Such Thing as Too Early” today, and that put me over the edge to start this blog up.

My goals for this blog are to record my journey, both so that I can look back on it, and also that my journey might help someone else who comes along the same path later. I also hope to generate some interest in my projects and get some people interested enough that they want to be alpha and beta readers. At this point in my writing career, the greatest improvement comes from people reading my writing and giving me good, constructive feedback.

Welcome to the Ted the Third blog. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: