Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday Six - March 26th

This is my friend's ongoing meme. The Saturday Six questions were a random assortment, missing the theme that usually goes along.

1. Some people believe in making grand plans for their own future. Some have a 10-year plan, others have a 5-year plan, and some have only a 1 or 2-year plan. What kind of plan do you have, if any?

I have a 5 year plan, but it only covers a couple of areas. Mainly goals like still being married, but I don't have my life nearly as well planned out as I should. Part of the reason for that is worrying that I won't accomplish all the goals on my plan. The man who doesn't know where he's going never fails to reach his destination. But I don't want to live like that anymore, so I have set some long term goals, like getting published.
2. Are your closest friends more likely to within your gender or the opposite?

For a long time, they were mostly opposite gender, but now they are nearly all within my gender. Being married now, I find it very difficult to have friendships with the opposite sex, unless they are wives of my friends. Even at that, I don't allow myself to spend time alone with any person of the opposite sex (besides my wife) which makes forming and maintaining friendships somewhat difficult.
3. What is the last printed periodical — newspaper or magazine — that you read on paper?

I'm really having to guess here, but I think it was about 4 months ago, at the barbershop. They had an issue of ESPN the Magazine. The cover story was something I was interested in, though I can't recall what it was now. Normally, I would just read ESPN on their website on my phone, or check my feed reader.
4. Of the last ten times you communicated with your phone, which of the following types of communication did you use the most: phone call, text message, tweet or Facebook posting?

I find myself texting more than anything else on my phone lately. It seems easier to convey your message. By it’s nature, it demands brevity. It's also easier for the other person to ignore if you caught them at a bad time.
5. You decide to make Jell-O for dessert: which flavor is your favorite?
I like green Jell-O. I have no idea what flavor that is.
6. If you could arrange a private showing of any classic film at a big theater to experience it the way theater-goers did when it was actually on the big screen, which film would you choose?
 
This would have to be Star Wars: Episode IV "A New Hope". This was the original Star Wars, first seen in 1976. It is my favorite movie of all time and I've been a life long fan ever since. I last saw it in theatres in 1997, and I would love to see it in theatres again. Of course, rumor has it I will get my wish around 2014 or 2015 as the Star Wars movies are rereleased in 3D.

No comments: