Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Surprise I’m Already Published

As I opened my email today, I found a note from a friend congratulating me on being published. You can imagine my surprise. The link inside the email took me to Amazon’s website and two books. The author’s name was the same as my own except that this author was a Jr, and I’m a third, thus the TedtheThird moniker.

Both books were Sci/Fi / Christian. One was published in 2002, and the other in 2001. The 2001 book was actually a reprint of a 1980 book. I was eight years old when that book was published.

The thing is I don’t have a very common name, especially my last name. Yet, here is a guy with my name who has published two books. One book had one review on Amazon, the other had two. I can’t imagine they did really well with such few reviews. I wonder if I will have to be careful when I start querying to point out that I’m Ted A, no not Ted A, Jr., I’m Ted the third. I’ve often thought that maybe I would use F. Ted A as my pen name. It kind of sounds like F. Scott Fitzgerald. Maybe the association will cause some editor/agent to look favorably upon my work.

Well, one can dream.

No comments: